When faced with a criminal charge in Bolivia, North Carolina it is important to hire a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. Why? There are a number of reasons, all of which help move the case towards a favorable outcome for you.
Below, you will find a list of the reasons why you should always hire a defense lawyer when faced with criminal charges.
- An experienced lawyer knows the local and state laws
- A lawyer understands the charges against you and can explain them explicitly
- A lawyer knows the deadlines for filing appeals and other motions
- A lawyer has experience dealing with the local prosecutors and judges
- A lawyer knows what plea deals could be available to you
- A lawyer knows how to negotiate with the prosecutor to have the charges reduced or dropped
- A lawyer knows how to build a strong defense to the charges against you
- A lawyer will be able to explain how you should act and speak in a courtroom
- A lawyer can paint the picture of what happens if convicted and when sentencing occurs
- A lawyer will be honest about your case and the possible outcomes
- A lawyer can answer your questions and guide you in the best possible direction when faced with criminal charges
Are you facing a criminal charge in North Carolina? It’s in your best interest to work with a criminal defense lawyer to fight the charges levied against you.
As you can see from this post, the benefits of working with a lawyer greatly outweigh representing yourself in court.